Join Us – The Benefits of IBBS Membership
If you are already a member of IBBS you will know the benefits that it brings but if you haven’t yet joined this is just a fraction of what we have to offer:
- Open to anyone with an interest in the subjects of biodeterioration, biodegradation, bioremediation and related sciences.
- Participation of members in all aspects of our work is encouraged and valued.
- Membership with and without our journal International Biodeterioration and Biodegradation which can be subscribed to either online or as hard copy sent by post eight times per year.
- Special membership rates for students and retired researchers (just £12.50).
- Reduced registration at Society meetings and the joint meetings that we hold with other organisations and societies.
- Eligibility for awards, e.g. the small meetings and student bursaries and, as an affiliated society of FEMS (the Federation of European Microbiological Societies), members can receive FEMS research grants and funding to attend conferences.
- An extensive and informative website (www.ibbsonline.org) with details of forthcoming meetings, the ability of members to publicise meetings and conferences that they are organising or involved with.
- Special rates for Society publications and resources such as the Heritage Biocare CD and An Atlas of Biodeterioration.
- Regular member contact via our newsletter “IBBS World”, frequent updates through our website and our email network.
- Regular Society meetings and conferences with our main event this year being:
September 2015 “Water Microbiology – Past, Present and Future Horizons“ in Winchester, UK
- Our triennial symposia such as IBBS-16 in Łódź are the three to four day showcase events of the Society but we have at least one meeting each year, usually on a specific topic and lasting a maximum of two days.
IBBS is the only scientific society completely dedicated to Biodeterioration, Biodegradation and Bioremediation and is a registered charity. We very much hope that you will decide to join us in our work.
Standard Membership – £47.50, Student and Retired Membership – £12.50. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation (our official journal) – £35 online, £60 hard copy delivered by post. The IBBS membership year runs from 1st January to 31st December.